Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Christmas Morning!

It was finally Christmas morning!  Lydia was amazed that the stockings were filled when she woke up.
Both girls, actually all four of us, got some delicious snacks to munch on while we opened all our presents.
Lydia was so excited about these socks, though you definitely can't tell it by the forced smile. :)
Here goes Anna Kate opening up a present!
Some new toys to chew on!  She's up to six teeth now, with one more due to arrive any day now!
My sweet Grandmother gave us some money to pick out presents for the girls from her.  So here's Lydia ready to see what she got!
She got the movie Tangled (about Rapunzel), which she has been asking for since our last copy snapped in half almost a year ago.  It's probably her favorite movie, besides Cinderella and Minnie-rella.  To go along with the movie, she got this really fun carriage, complete with a dressable Rapunzel and the chameleon, who she thinks is absolutely hilarious! 
Anna Kate got this fun bath toy from Grandmother.  It suctions to the tub wall and twirls and tips when you put water in the top.  Both girls have really been enjoying it during tubby time!
Thank you, thank you, thank you, dearest Grandmother!!!

Moving right along here...Joel got a cast iron griddle, recommended by the Shibleys.

I have a picture like this of Joel and Lydia opening and reading a book at all three of her previous Christmases (or at least two of them).
So I thought I better keep that tradition alive!
I will have to share those other pictures with you someday soon.
Then the girls discovered their shared present, which was hiding in the corner under a blanket.  It's a toddler friendly dollhouse.  I got it used off ebay, and Chris had to come to the rescue by fixing the doorbell and telephone.  Nice to have a speaker repairman in the family!
Lydia has played with it some, but I think she prefers her Little Woodzeez.  I'm hoping Anna will enjoy playing with it when she gets a little bigger.  So far the people have mostly just become a few more chew toys laying around. :)
Here's something I made/bought for Joel.  I got the idea (and the cheesy poem) off Pinterest. 
It's twelve date night plans, some complete with gift cards.  I can't even remember what all twelve are at the moment, but here are some examples: a gift card to Outback Steakhouse, two fake movie tickets (since I didn't know when or what we might go see), Dairy Queen gift card for ice cream, a card that says I will go bowling with him...I think he's been asking me to go bowling for oh, about five, maybe even seven years now...thought it might be time to take him up on that.  One card said we would stay home for a romantic, candlelit steak dinner.  Haha Okay, you get the idea.  I think he liked it!  And now we get to start going on those dates.  Should be fun!
And after all the unwrapping was finished, I realized I wasn't in even one picture, so Joel took one of us girls.  We all had such a fun morning together!  Then Joel cooked us up a delicious Christmas breakfast, as a cherry on top!  

3 comments:

  1. So Jenny, what was in your stocking? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, on another note, it is just so nice to have a simple, meaningful, joyous Christmas with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, on another note, it is just so nice to have a simple, meaningful, joyous Christmas with your family!

    ReplyDelete