Sunday, April 3, 2016

To Grandmother's House We Went!

A few weeks ago, on St. Patrick's Day to be exact, the girls and I got to go on a quick visit to Grandmother's house.
Anna Kate got to taste the most delicious food in the world, Grandmother's green beans!  She was a fan!
Lydia enjoyed some tasty ice cream!
The next morning, Daddy got right down to business doing some yard work.
Lydia decided to lend a helping hand.
I think I rode this same scooter at her age.  It goes way back!
Always gotta have some big wheel action while in Kingsport!
Lydia helped, or at least watched, Grandmother make some delicious Baptist pies.
And also assisted in making some sweet tea.
She was obviously thrilled to be with Grandmother in her kitchen, as anyone would be!
Anna Kate liked playing on the steps.
And before ya know it, it was time to head back home.  Always a little sad to wave goodbye to Grandmother and Aunt Faye.  They are dear to my heart!
But don't worry, we accidentally left behind Lydia's favorite sippy cup, so we'll just have to go back soon for another visit to retrieve it! :)

1 comment:

  1. So, tell me, just what are Baptist Pies? And are only Baptists allowed to eat them? I'm not sure I would fall into that category... ;)

    P.S. I really need to meet your Grandma! Will she ever come to Dayton?

    ReplyDelete