Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Beach Trip!

If you'll remember back to the story of Lydia's birth, you might remember reason #3 of why I wanted to be induced...so that we could go on vacation!  We came home on Saturday from the hospital and left home on Monday, headed for Charleston, South Carolina!  We must have been outside of our minds.  I'm sure I was!  It was supposed to be a 7 1/2 hour trip.  It took us 11 because of all the stops to feed Lydia.  Overall, it was a very smooth trip!  We were both exhausted when we arrived, but it really couldn't have gone any better.  Once we got to the beach house, we were able to kick back and relax.  It was really great to have so many people to take turns holding Lydia.  I don't think anyone minded too much.  I was able to take naps and shower in peace.  It was lovely!  Well, really I was a bit stressed, but I think it would have been much worse if I was home.  So, although we stayed inside the house nearly the entire week, I'd say it was a wonderful vacation.  I'm so happy we were able to go and spend time with my family! 





 

1 comment:

  1. What a fun memory to start your life together as a family. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete