Friday, May 28, 2021

A Day in the Life (Part 2)!

 I got cut off and hadn’t even made it through breakfast yet! Ha. Technical difficulties. I can’t seem to edit the last post. So onward we go. At 7:40 I start loading all these children into the van. That’s quite a job. The goal is to be rolling down the road at 7:45. An alarm goes off at that point, so the children can enjoy a few of my panicked screams most mornings. We get to school between 7:56 and 7:58 each morning. Right on time. The girls walk in holding hands every day. It is the sweetest. One morning as they walked away, Steven said, “There go our girls, Mom.” Now that’s tender. For the last few months I’ve started walking at the walking track across from the girls’ school. I meet with Rachel on Wednesday and Fridays and Amanda on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We got two laps around, which is a little less than two miles. I get to push my boys in our purple double stroller. They don’t seem to mind. We finish at the track by 8:40 and head on home. The boys and I hang out all day. Benjamin eats around 8:45, 11:45, and 2:40. He takes two naps. One morning nap in his swing and one afternoon nap in my arms when I, along with Steven, also nap. Steven is not in my arms though, thankfully. I cannot believe I’m still taking daily naps with my baby, but it’s just gotta be done to survive at this point. We wake up at around 2:40, feed Benjamin, and then proceed to fly around loading the van up again. Leave by 2:55 to arrive a bit late to pick up the girls. They don’t seem to mind. They’re usually chatting with friends or Buzzy. We head home, happy to be back together. Though I did forget to mention, that afternoon naptime was by far my favorite part of each day. Simply blissful. Snuggling a sleeping baby in a silent house. Heaven. But back to our day. The girls show me all their papers and tell me about their days. They both love school, even if they don’t always admit it. We do homework, study awana, etc. Then it’s supper time! I try to prepare what I can before the girls get home. Otherwise things can get kind of nutty. Oh, Joel gets home from work at 3:45. We eat dinner around 5:30. Hang out for a bit and it’s time to get ready for bed! The days go by so very quickly! And now the school year is over! I can hardly believe it! It’s been a good one! And now we have a wonderful summer to look forward to together! I love my family! I love my life! The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment