Friday, May 28, 2021

A Day in the Life!

 I’ve been wanting to write down what a regular day of the week looks like around here, because I’m sure it’ll be different every year. So here goes! Benjamin is currently a terrible sleeper. He’s still sleeping right beside my bed in his bassinet. No idea why I haven’t moved him out. Maybe it’s because he’s my last, and I really do love having a baby beside me at night. I’m getting off track already. Anyways, he wakes up two or three times a night. I swaddle him back up and feed him each time. I’ve been averaging about 5 hours a night for the past 3-4 months. Lovely. He usually wakes up for good around 6. I then let him play on the floor with some toys while I try to get a little more sleep with one eye open. At 7:00 I get up, get dressed, and brush my teeth. Usually by this point Anna Kate is awake and has also shaken Lydia awake. If by some miracle that hasn’t happened, I shake the girls up at 7:20. Lydia would sleep all morning if we let her. Anna Kate sleeps way less hours. Strange but true. Also strange considering she was by far my best sleeper as a baby. Moving on. At this point of the morning we are all running around like maniacs trying to get ready for school in the 20 minutes I’ve designated for this task. Ha. The night before we pick out our outfits, pack up the backpacks, etc. Otherwise we’d never make it! I do the girls hair. They grab something to eat for breakfast. Terrible, I know. No hot breakfasts are served in this house unless Joel is home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment