Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Happy Birthday, Benjamin!

It’s my baby’s 2nd birthday!!! To celebrate, let’s have a little look back at his birth story. 

















We went to the hospital on Sunday, Oct. 4 at 10:30 pm. Because of the corona virus, all the entrances were locked. We spent thirty minutes wandering around the outside of the hospital. We finally made it in and got situated in a room. I got all hooked up and ready to go. I was having contractions, but it took quite a while to really get them going. I didn’t really sleep any that night. Your dad got a little sleep on the couch. The next day, I think I got an epidural around 11. That was definitely the worst part. Youch! Then Dr. Smith came in soon after and broke my water to really get things going. It still seemed like not much was happening. As it got close to 2:00, I started having very intense contractions, and my epidural was not seeming to help much! They checked me and said it was time for you to be born! I told them I had to have some more pain medicine first! So I got more medicine and finally felt some relief. Then everyone came pouring into the room. Dr. Smith, a few nurses, and a few onlooking students. I only pushed two times, and you came right out! Dr. Smith said you did a perfect corkscrew as you came out. He was impressed. Then he yelled out, “Girl!” because he couldn’t believe how big you were! But I thought he meant that you were a girl! But the nurse quickly said, looks like a boy to me! I was glad of that! Everyone in the room was shocked with how big you were. They all thought you weighed at least ten pounds. Turns out you only weighed 9 lbs 6 oz., the perfect size to me! I got to hold you right away. You were so sweet, and it was such a relief to finally have you in my arms! We had a pretty good stay in the hospital, but neither you nor I enjoyed being poked and checked on continuously. We were all so glad to finally get to go home on Wednesday! It was so good bringing you home and introducing you to your sisters and brother. They were so happy to meet you! We are so thankful you’re here and a part of our family!!! We love you so much, sweet little Benjamin Joel!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment