Friday, October 2, 2015

Moon Sand (Take 2)!

We finally got around to trying out our second batch of moon sand.  This time we used baby oil and very expired flour...I guess I need to start making Grandmother's biscuits.  :)
The recipe I found called for 9 cups of flour and 1 1/4 cup of baby oil.  I think I did about a fourth of that.  
The cool thing about this sand is that it sticks together, but if you touch it, it will crumble right back into sand.  Pretty neat!
We tried mixing in koolaid for color, but that didn't work.  Could be because I used a chewed on packet of koolaid.  It was kind of crusty.  Lydia was trying to get it open with her teeth at some point I guess...who knows!
Not sure why we did this in our Sunday best! Ha!
Lydia had a great time, but the sand still wasn't quite as magical as I had hoped...but it was better than the last batch.  Happy weekend to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment