Friday, December 17, 2010

Ornament Wreath!

Today I want to tell you about a really nifty Christmas craft!
All you need is a wire coat hanger and lots and lots of ornaments (around 80 I think).
I saw this idea last year and planned ahead and bought my ornaments at an after Christmas sale!


First, you bend the coat hanger into a circle (as best as you can).
Then you cut off the hook part of the hanger and untwist the metal at the top.
After that, it's easy!  
You just start stringing the balls onto the wire!
I would suggest using some big and some small ornaments.


















Now, as you can see, my wreath turned out great!
Jessica ran into a little trouble...
her balls kept popping off!
To solve this problem, you should undo each ball from its hook,
and then glue them back together FIRST!
We skipped that step, 
but thankfully my ornaments decided to stick together!


From this picture you would think that my wreath is being proudly displayed on my front door, but it is not!
I like looking at it myself too much, so it's hung on the inside of our door!  
Maybe I'll share it with the world next Christmas!

1 comment: