Thursday, December 2, 2010

Weekend Getaway!

Joel & I had our first little vacation together. 
(besides the honeymoon, of course)
We went to Cumberland Mountain State Park!
We went for a few reasons:
1. Joel said we hadn't been out of the house since we've been married!
2.  Teachers get a 50% discount at state parks!
3.  It was lots of fallish fun!
We went on a hike.  Right after I took this picture, a bunch of ducks flew out from underneath
the rocky ledge.  It was quite startling!  I wish I had caught Joel's reaction!
(I'm sure mine was funny too!)

This is our cute little cabin.  It was just right!  :)

You wouldn't believe how long it took us to make this fire and actually keep it going.
I said to Joel, "This will be no problem.  I have made a million fires in my day!"
The whole place FILLED with smoke and the fire KEPT going out!
Frustrating!!!  But we persevered...

and then enjoyed pumpkin seeds and apple cider in front of the fire!
Perfect!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment