Thursday, April 14, 2011

Frosty Fruit Pie!

In honor of the nice, warm weather,
I present to you a delicious, summery treat!
All you need is:
1 cup fresh or frozen sliced strawberries
16 ounces strawberry yogurt
8 ounces thawed whipped topping
1 graham cracker crust 
Just mix it all together,
pour it into the pie crust,
and freeze it for at least 4 hours. 
Put it into the refrigerator at least 45 minutes before serving.
Save some fruit so you can decorate the top.
I wanted to make mine extra lovely since I was going to put up these pictures.
Look how it turned out! 
There is a strawberry octopus on top of my pie! 
Oh dear!
No matter how it looks, it tastes yummaliciously good!
You can make this with any fruit you want.
Just match up the fruit with the flavor of yogurt.
Or try different combinations...
whatever your little heart desires!
I've made strawberry and peach...
both super delicious
and much healthier than a batch of brownies! 

2 comments:

  1. I hope some of that is left over for craft night tonight! Way to go with all of these posties. That is a nice octopus. Yesterday, Josiah fed himself, Ansley and Caleb the entire box of strawberries. I didn't get a single one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my heavens! that looks and sounds most fabulous!! i will definitely be trying this out very soon! and i love your blog header, by the way! i might have to try that arrangement of pictures on mine sometime.... :) aaaand...i can't wait to see what you've done with all the plastic easter eggs you had a couple posts back! :}

    ReplyDelete