Friday, April 29, 2011

Garden Party!

It's my birthday!
Happy birthday to me!
Every year since I was in 2nd or 3rd grade
I have had a garden themed birthday party.
I'm not exactly sure how this tradition got started,
because I can tell you one thing:
I've never been a fan of gardening!
I suppose it came about because my birthday
falls at the perfect time to garden.
My family hasn't actually planted a garden at my birthday party for quite some time,
but one tradition lives on...
my dirt cake!
At least, I hope it lives on this year.
I'll let you know after my family party on Saturday! 
Anyways, to celebrate my birthday
I thought I'd do a gardening post!

Here is our nice little garden spot Joel worked hard to prepare for us.
Joel told me I looked funny laying in front of it.
He was right!
First we planned out where we would put everything.
Turns out we could have used a bigger garden! 
We worked for a loooong time putting all our little plants into the ground!
They were so happy to finally have room to stretch their roots! 
Everything is pretty close together.
We'll have to weed some out later on,
but it was just so sad not to use what we'd spent so long growing already! 
And just so everyone knows,
I DID help plant the vegetables!
I'm not sure my sisters believe me, but it's true!
I even enjoyed it!

2 comments:

  1. happy birthday my friend! :) (a tiny bit late...) i hope you had a most fabulous day! i got to hang out with your two nephews for a little while today...mucho fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. your blog is looking very spiffy these days... :)

    ReplyDelete