Friday, August 12, 2016

Lydia's First Biking Lesson!

As you all probably saw, we finally broke out Lydia's birthday bike for her first lesson.
She did great!
Definitely not so good at the steering.  Almost went into the creek a few times! Yikes! I somehow sacrificed my foot to keep her from having a crash. Ouch!
Overall I would say it was a success!  I heard her quietly chanting, "You can do this, Lydia! You can do this!" Then as she got more comfortable, she sang little songs to herself as she pedaled along. So sweet!  And here she is posing with her cup which she kept in her pouch.  She thought that was hilarious for some reason!
We even went all the way up to the mailbox and brought the mail back down in her pouch.  I believe my foot injury happened on the way back down the driveway.  Got going just a wee bit too fast!  Looking forward to some more biking lessons soon.  Although maybe we should wait til it cools down a bit! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment