Tuesday, September 6, 2016

My Pretty Ballerina!

Hold on to your hats, folks!  There are a lot of pictures ahead!
These pictures are from the day Lydia's outfit/costume/whatever you call it came in the mail.
She was thrilled!

As you can tell.
Here's her "flying leap"!  Look at that air!
Finally the big day came!
I bought a bun maker contraption.  Still need to perfect my method.

I could not get her to really smile for some reason, but she's still cute.


Who taught her this pose?!  Cracked me up!
She was telling people all morning that it was the day of her first ballerina class!
She was so, so excited!

We barely made it on time, because I kept trying to get the perfect picture.  Gonna have to try again next week for a real smile, or I could just be happy with the 100 pictures I already got. :)
There were twelve little ballerinas all dressed just alike (except for the rainbow wonder below out of uniform).  Below is Lydia doing the chasse, I believe.  She also learned first position, how to plié and curtsy, and other things I'm sure.
The teacher told the girls to pretend their hands were glued together (because they kept breaking apart).  Well, I walked in (to the adjoining room) and Lydia and I made eye contact.  I waved, not thinking that she couldn't wave back, and she winked at me.  She was very serious about following the rules.  :)
The whole thing was one of the cutest things I have ever seen in my life!
I truly believe Lydia was the best dancer in the class...that should tell you a little something about the skills of the other girls. :)
I kept catching Lydia looking at herself in the mirrors on the wall.
She was loving it!
The teacher did such a good job!  It is a class of 3 and 4 year olds.
We are both so glad we get to go every Tuesday.  I was going to run to the grocery store during her class, but I don't think I can stand to miss the cuteness. :)
Oh yes, and at the end when I asked her how she liked it, she said, "It was pretty good but a little too exhausting!" hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment