Thursday, September 3, 2015

Granola!

Today I want to talk to you about granola.  YUM!
Jessica has been making her own granola for quite a while now, but I always just thought she was a little over the top about how wonderful it was and went on my merry way.  Until I finally tried it myself!  So easy and so delicious!

3 cups of oats (traditional kind, not quick oats)
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 
1/4 teaspoon salt 
(Mix these ingredients together.)
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla 
(Mix these and then add to the dry mixture.)

You can also add nuts, seeds, or whatever goodies you want.  

Spread it out on a cookie sheet and bake at 300 degrees for fifteen minutes.  Stir.  Bake five more minutes.  Stir.  Bake until golden brown.  Let cool.  Stir occasionally as it hardens.  Try not to eat it all before it even cools.  You will be tempted.  :)
Save some to put on your yogurt, because ooo-da-lally it is de-lish!  
Joel made this lovely lunch feast for me.  He likes to add a lot of fruit to the yogurt, which makes it almost as yummy as ice cream and a cookie.  But even with no fruit, yum yum yum!  

No comments:

Post a Comment