Wednesday, May 4, 2016

AWANA Cubbie!

AWANA is a club that gets its name from 2 Timothy 2:15.
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.  (Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed)
Each kid gets a book of verses to memorize, and we meet each Wednesday night to recite the verses to leaders, play games, and hear a Bible story.
I'm a big fan of AWANA!  I was in AWANA from age 3 to 6th grade...I think.  And I still remember a whole lot of verses that I memorized as a kid that I probably wouldn't know otherwise.
So here we have Lydia getting her first AWANA award!  She started out the year not so sure about going to AWANA, but before too long, Cubbies became the highlight of her week!
Thanks to these three super sweet teachers!
Mrs. Danielle, Mrs. Heidi, and Mrs. Vicki
Josiah and Caleb are in the next club up called Sparks for Kindergarten to second graders.  Caleb was in mine and Joel's class this year, and I must say, he was the star of the class!

Lydia was in a class with only one other girl and six boys.  She loved it!  Ha!  I wanted a group picture, but I only managed to wrangle these two boys, but it's okay.  These are her two favorites, based on the stories she tells.  
And here is one of my favorites from my class.  He was the sweetest!
Anna Kate was just thrilled to be there. Ha!
So proud of our Lydia!  And yes, I did tear up when she got her award.  I will never make it at her kindergarten graduation!  Joel thinks I'm nuts, as I'm sure most of you do too.  Haha!  What can I say, I'm just a proud (emotional) Momma!
Almost forgot...here's a flashback to her first night of Cubbies, wearing my old Cubbie vest.  Cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment